Saturday, June 3, 2017

Moving Right Along- update

Well, we were approved for final immigration (I800) on 5/25, so my mishap only cost us an extra 2 weeks.  That was step 9 out of 15.

Yesterday I emailed the National Visa Center (NVC) and they had received our approval of step 9 from the government so they issued us a GUZ number. That was step 10 out of 15! So I applied for a visa for our son (this is the only step of this entire adoption that has been online).

At the beginning of this application it tells you it will take 2 hours to fill out. Yup. Thankfully I had help from my new friend, who is one step ahead of me. Who is my new friend you ask?

Long story short, in February we launched a Facebook campaign for a young man named Andy who was hosted at the same time as our son. He had a family pursing him for adoption, but after they were $10,000 in, they had a personal situation and they had to walk away from Andy. Andy ages out at the end of June. God provided an amazing couple who have been able to complete this process before he turns 14! In fact if all goes according to plan, they will be flying back to the US on Andy's 14th birthday! Because of his age, his mom was able to do from February which I have been working on since September. She is 10 days ahead of us in the process. She is waiting for step 13.

BUT did you read that!?!? She is 10 days ahead of us.... and is traveling in MID JUNE!
THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING! It feels so far off, but the truth is, we are in the final stages. My guess is we will travel mid July.

Tonight we submitted the online form to get an immigration visa for JH. On Monday we will mail OUR visa applications.
So as of now these steps remain:
1. finish and mail our visa applications
2. Article 5 drop off (10 days)
3. China approves us to travel (1-3 weeks)
4. We book our flights and go. (usually 1-2 weeks after travel approval)

No comments:

Post a Comment