Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Hey Jude!

So, thanks to my great friend, Becky, a dear social worker from our church family, Lynn, came over on Saturday and checked the place out!

Upon receipt of her safety checklist we will be one step closer. We sent in our deposit. Just $1000 to go.
Living Hope gives the kids English names so we can refer to them by name with out butchering their real name or having to call them "case #35".

So, even though we will call him by his Chinese name, we can only refer to him as Jude on the internet. My bad.

The kids and I have been trying to learn Mandarin in the car or shall we call it, "Po-tung-quwa"  which is how you say "the common language" or Mandarin.

Let's just say the first time we heard the conversation on the cd we were like, "WHAT?" but now that we have been listening to lesson one, over and over, WE ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND IT!

The younger the brain the better the memory. Now when the kids and I are in stores and such we seek out Chinese people in hopes we can eavesdrop. Is that weird? Why am I asking. I know it is, but my kids are excited about connecting with Jude through his language.

Then a gentleman was having trouble at Aldi's with the quarter/cart system and as I helped him I politely asked if I could try out my "Po-tung-quwa" on him. I said one word and he responded with about 10 of which I understood 0.
Back to square one.
I am going to brush up on charades.

No comments:

Post a Comment