Friday, June 30, 2017

Travel Approval!


Last week, Lynn said we should get a soft TA on Tuesday 6/27, but we would have to wait until I had the actual document in hand to travel. With the 4th approaching she thought the earliest we would travel was 7/13 (you travel on a Thursday).
Well on Tuesday, 6/27 I sent her an email, "I am sure you will let me know if we get TA. Just checking in". She wrote back at 5:00, "You actually got it 6/26, I put it in the mail to you".
WHAT?! I wrote back, "Any chance we can travel 7/6?" Well Lynn got that message later Tuesday and since China is 12 hours ahead, she contacted her fellow employees in country and asked for a 7/10 meeting day at the orphanage. I got the actual paper in hand Wednesday!
By the time I spoke to Lynn on Wednesday morning, she confirmed the orphanage date! The last 48 hours have been a blur. A stress migraine rendered me useless for much of it. My dear friend organized an impromptu prayer meeting at her house. These dear folks, with hours of notice, gathered to pray over us. SUCH a special time! SO loved by these folks and so many others.
Booked the flights. We return Thursday July 20th at 11:58pm...sorry about that.

Started a private FB group ALL THE WAY TO JUN HAN if you are interested in joining. I think that will be easier to update instead of blog.

I have a WeChat if you want to download the app. My id is rebeccaperry  
Please continue to pray not only for sanity and thinking things through, but for Jun Han as he and his foster family prepare to see us one week from Monday.
So thankful for the support we have received this week. Friends surrounding us, praying for us, buying thoughtful things for us, lending us suitcases, buying us a rice cooker, wrapping presents, crossing things off my to do list.
We leave Thursday afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Things move slowly, and then...whoosh. I am so happy for you and your family. Count me in on the prayer part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete