Saturday, July 30, 2016

Day 1

We woke him up out of a deep sleep at noon. That was a full 8 hours straight of sleep and we are trying to regulate his internal clock.
I set out several brunch choices- Ramen, mandarin oranges, strawberries, bread.
He ate the Ramen, cleared his dish, pulled the bowl (entire can) or oranges and started eating out of the serving dish. He eats all the food on his plate and clears his dish. He came with a small back pack that had 2 gifts in it for us, a new pack of 3 undies, 2 silky pairs of socks, this tank top with a pink rabbit on it, a sweatshirt, t-shirt and these gray capris. I laid it all out and showed him the clothes we had for him and he picked this outfit. Looked like he was ready for a workout. SO cute!

We played Loopin Louis and he laughed at laughed. We played other games like Spot it and Cups that didn't require English knowledge. Then we went to the library and played.
He touched the Lego flower and said, "flower" without anyone of us telling him. The kids think they have heard other English words from him. At first I just thought they were hearing what they wanted to, but he used flower in the correct context which makes me think he has learned some English at school.
This was one of the gifts he gave us. Very pretty! We put it on our mantle. The other was a red decorative scroll of a warrior, we hung that in our kitchen. I took an hour nap and when I stumbled down stairs at 6:00PM people started asking what was for dinner. Perry was asking me questions about what we had so he could make something and I was hardly articulating a response. I said, "I have no idea what to make for dinner". I checked my phone and had a message from Ann, "We are pulling out of the drive way, on our way to your house bringing you dinner".
WOW! Awesome! Perfect timing! Delicious!
After dinner it was time for showers. Jude couldn't keep hold of the soap and it bounced around the shower to his delight! Perry had a great idea of getting Pixar Shorts from the library. Most of them don't even have words! They are short cartoons that can be enjoyed without much dialogue.
To bed at 8:30, read (looked at board books) until 8:45, lights out.
Day 1 Observations:
My kids and husband are awesome!
Hosting is fun!
Jude can play well with our kids and alone!
I had time for a nap!
Jude is absolutely delightful!



No comments:

Post a Comment