Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday Day 2

Could he be any cuter?! We went to church, he colored very well in Sunday School and sat quietly in church. Today was the first time he looked directly at me and said something. About 3 sentences in Mandarin and I just smiled and said, "Sweetie I have no idea what you are saying". I tried to track down one of my 3 translators and by the time I got in touch with one (hour later) he was shy on the phone.  One of my translator friends is a cute Chinese college girl studying here in the US who I happened to meet the one day she attended our church, Tianni. She has only been in the US a couple of years and her English is amazing! She suggested I record what he was saying. So as he played I taped some because I was so curious. This is what he was saying, "Oh, what is this, oh a CD. Magic mirror, magic mirror, tell me what is happening now. Oh, how did that happen?" So turns out, he just plays and has a running monologue like most kids. Tianni also said that his Mandarin was fine and on par with a 7 year old. When I hold up the phone for him to speak into it he gets shy and whispers. Google translate has given me things like : Hermit crab, crazy dance audition, university registration and kitty. NONE of which had anything to do with what we were saying or asking.
Tonight I served rice and turkey meatballs. He ate everything I served him (has every time) this time with chopsticks. My own kids had a hard time choking down the meatball mush. Then our visiting dog owner surprised the kids with a brownie. His first American sweet!
My friend suggested I get these puzzle sticker books at the dollar store. He LOVED them! He can figure out the shape and quickly put them in the correct spot. While we were working on the sticker book, A. called us in for a surprise show- her chin saying Ne-How in Mandarin.


He laughed at her. He didn't even mind our crowding him in his bed staring at him working stickers.

He is so delightful I spent most of my day borrowing trouble from the future instead of enjoying my day. I know he is human, when is he going to start misbehaving?! Crazy me. I need prayers to just enjoy the sweet moments I get.

Day 2 Observations:
He LOVES Nerf wars! LOVES!
Our son loves chasing him around playing Nerf wars.
He is the most obedient kid in our home.
He never whines or complains.
He does things the very first time I ask.
He walks with a bounce in his step.
He is a great sleeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment