Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Reality T.V.

I feel like I am on t.v. I have a constant audience. I have been 'on' all day. I am exhausted.  I keep trying to think about my time as a student in Spain and how 'foreign' everything was. Trying to look at everything with fresh eyes.
She always points out Christmas lawn decorations. Especially the spiral trees. We haven't even been out light looking yet.
We went to Dr. Lee the dentist this morning. He is WONDERFUL. In August he saved several of her teeth with fillings. Today, they looked great, and they were cleaned. What a generous gift to our family. It was all free!
Then we went to the park. It was cold and wet. We still had fun. Sometimes I think I am boring her, but then she will start playing. Following Abigail's lead.
From there we hit Wal-mart looking for some black flats for church. There was 1 pair of 7.5 black flats. They were even on sale...but...she didn't like them. She is going to look funny in her snow boots with her Christmas dress.  At the store she asked me for an "A" necklace. It was $2.88. I said, "no". There was part of me that said, "Really?! $2.88? She is an orphan for goodness sake". But, I would have said no to my other 3. Plus I didn't want to set a precedent. Two aisles over, she asked for a coloring book. That was easier to say no to- it was $6!. When we got home I explained over translation that if she got any money for Christmas I would take her back and she could buy whatever she could afford.
I really thought I was inserting the cookie picture here- oh well, still learning. I got a yummy recipe from a friend for sugar cookies and we made them and the icing from scratch. Abigail was sleeping so we had a really fun time. You may notice she is wearing the same clothes from yesterday. I appreciated that since I often feel like I am on a 1 woman crusade to reduce laundry in this house. Turns out she is more of a kid size 14 than a 12 and because she is so tall, so of the clothes I had for her didn't fit. That actually started a 'conversation' between us. We went upstairs and held up all the clothes. Ones that were too short, we put in Anna's closet. Thankfully, a student handed me a bag of 14s YESTERDAY, so I just re-stocked her drawers.
I also taught her how to Suduko. She is doing that as I type.
Going to bed soon!

1 comment: