Thursday, December 27, 2012

Treat Day!

We have been enjoying the blessings others have given us. Yesterday I took Alyona to Target for the much anticipated buying of gifts for her 6 caregivers and 1 best friend back at school. Thanks to 2 CYT families (neither of which we know personally) the gifts were cover with just pennies to spare! Phew! That was $119 I didn't have to fork over! This morning Dr. Bailey checked out her eyes for free! And even gave her some 'cool' foldable shades. Then a secret santa paid for a cut and style for Alyona, done by Linda who has been cutting Perry's hair since 1991. 

Anna has been picking out outfits to try to match Alyona. After I took the one picture of Alyona, she gladly welcomed Anna into the next picture. From there we went to ChickFilA. Last week we received an unmarked card in the mail with a $30 CFA card. Not sure who it was from, but they guessed perfectly what it would cost to feed a family of 6 there! Now, the 3 big kids are on an adventure with our neighbor and their grandaughter, biking around the lake. (WHOO HOO! My first peaceful moment in my house alone in weeks....and I am blogging..). Tonight, thanks to my dear sisters in Wellspring Bible study, the Perrys are living large at Lewis Ginter!

This is a picture Anna made me take so Alyona could see how pretty her hair looked from the back.  I made the mistake of taking the kids to Joanne's to get something for Anna's birthday. I should have known Crafty Girl was going to be in heaven. I kept saying,"No" to her.  I even made Anna ask me for something so she could see if was a universal "No". Wait, I did buy them each a $1 paint by number. Yesterday she and I visited with our favorite Russian Grandparents from church and she told them she was excited to bring her roller blades (thank you to WA family) back to Ukraine. Really?! How much is that weighted suitcase going to cost? :) She said the one bike the orphanage had broke, so she knew these would be a hit there. Clearly it is her first time on skates. She is getting good at it, although she did fall into the neighbor's rose bush and I was picking thorns out of her fingers that went through her gloves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment